Another update from Project Magma.
Below are some of the highlights of the 1.8 update:
- New game type: "King of the Map". This mode uses territories flags and weighted king of the hill scoring based on number of flags held.
- New "Rehost" and "Restart" buttons in the multiplayer quit/pause dialog for the host, so that it's no longer necessary to drop or suicide to restart the game.
- New hosting option to display narrations and cutscenes during cooperative multiplayer.
- Extended zoom: up to 5x in replays and when observing (requires DX11/OpenGL).
- New "Motion Interpolation" option to make the game even smoother.
- Improved New Game and Multiplayer New Game dialogs, with enhanced and streamlined plugin management.
- Numerous performance optimizations to improve game launch speed, save game load time, and CPU use while playing.