I'm not sure anyone is still playing this but there's a new update as at 12 Jun 2009. I myself might give it a try, as I was replaying the game sometime back.
Myth II: Soulblighter Version 1.7 Released Along With a New Demo! After thousands of hours of sweat and blood, Project Magma, a dedicated group of artists, programmers, and gaming fanatics, is pleased to announce the release of patch 1.7 for the game Myth II: Soulblighter. This RTS classic runs faster and smoother than ever, and the gameplay is just as fun and brutal as it has always been!
- Support for high-resolution detail textures under OpenGL, bringing Myth's graphics into the 21st century.
- Improvements to the in-game camera which make the game feel smoother and more responsive than ever before.
- A resizable overhead map, which can be easily scaled to any size by shift-clicking and dragging.
- A system to automatically find missing plugins, if they are available on The Tain.
- Support for high-resolution quicktime cutscenes.
- Numerous bug fixes eliminating many causes of crashing and Out of Sync errors.
- New mapmaking enhancements to allow for even more creative variations of gameplay in 3rd party add-ons.
Get it: http://projectmagma.net/downloads/myth2_17/
My Myth references: http://joranatplay.blogspot.com/search?q=myth