"The Cage"

Thirteen years before James T. Kirk takes command of the U.S.S. Enterprise, Captain Christopher Pike and his starship crew receive a distress signal from the planet Talos IV and beam down to investigate. Tracking the beacon, the landing party discovers crash survivors from a missing scientific expedition; among the survivors is a beautiful human female, Vina...-Star Trek: The Original Series

"The Cage" is an indoor soccer venue located near Kallang stadium. Our group from Mars and Saturn went there yesterday. I estimate the arena to be 6m x 15m. Our spectators were LaLa, Huiying, Cecila, Lihong and Serena.
At kick off, everyone went for the ball - Brazilian style. We lost our wind barely 5 min into play. By the 15th minute, the first to bow out for substitution was our team lead - Big Satan. I longed for my chance as fresh legs were brought into this fierce 5 x 5 match. By the fourth substitution, I took up the role of Goal keeper and gave a perfectly abysmal showing. I had a decent save, got a nice bruise on the joint of my little finger and let in 3 goals. When Debugger arrived, I was glad for the chance to escape.
I chatted with the girls and tried to be invisible as people swapped in and out. Think I smoked out for about 45 min before I played for the final 30 min. The team compositions have changed but Eric and Kelvin remained my opponents. A pattern has already set in and our side had 2 good strikers that did all the work while the rest of tried to act the part.

Today, Eric and Big Satan came in complaining about aches. I had a nice collection of bruises to show. Pat wanted to make it a monthly event. The next booking was set to be on 15th Jan.
I think I need some armour pieces...

Comments