All Good Things

Title of the last episode in Star Trek: The Next Generation

I woke up at 8am (1 Apr), to my annoyance. I have racked up a huge sleep debt and my muscles were aching. Read the papers and started my games.

In my game of Earth, I had a paper gain of 30~50 million as the price of oil went up to $97 / barrel. I think I'll hold on to it for a while as I'm currently having too much cash on hand.
In Guild Wars, I formed a party with some strangers and they got killed off except me. I was the one who resurrected them all and gained a level in the process *happy*.
In Gunbound, I had a string of luck as my team was undefeated in a series of very close games. I even had the chance to play Ice - a cute mammoth.
I wanted to play more, but I had to stop.

I was to meet my secondary school classmates at Moon River, a cafe beside Capitol. When I arrived at 8.06pm, I was surprised to see only Jamie there. After Shanheng and Doreen arrived, we decided to change the location to Chijmes. We messaged the others and made our way there. Joanne called me and was worried that she cannot gain entrance as her current state of dress was "very casual". I told her it doesn't matter.
At Doreen's recommendation, we picked Bobby's, which was famous for its ribs. At about 9pm, Qingqing and Shihan arrived. Most of us ordered the Ribeye steak. Price at $26.50, I thought it tasted better than the other ribeye steaks I had. My complaint was that their degree of cooking was inconsistent. We talked, Joanne arrived (dressed better than any of us in her casual state) and Clayton informed us via a text message that he would skip dinner and join us for drinks.
We drove to Wine Network, hidden in an unlit area that sells furniture and drinks. Clayton completed his flying lessons by telling us in a message that he will meet us another day (He was the instigator of this gathering). The white we wanted was not available so we settled for another. They cheese platter was ordered despite my dissuasion.
When it came, they didn't like it and guess who cleared most of it? The white we had was Saxonburg Chardonnay 2004 and I think I became a convert that night. I hated white previously as they were sour and bitter to my taste. This was sweet(fruity) and not dry. We ended it at 1am with promises to meet the following week.

-1 Apr

Comments